Thank you for your interest.
I’d like to tell you a little about myself and why I felt compelled to organize Hiatus Retreats.
To say I was overwhelmed would be an understatement. I was over-committing myself, over-promising and under-delivering, and didn’t know how to give myself permission to dial it back. My inability to show up the way I and others thought I “should” was demoralizing. Despite some of this being due to an inability to cut out toxic people and situations, the bulk of it was my own fault for not being able to set boundaries and walk through fears. Any time I ever made steps toward scaling down my responsibilities, I got messages that I was being lazy, wasn’t meeting my potential, etc. My perfectionistic nature went unbridled. In a moment of clarity, I decided to take as many trainings, workshops, skill building, and counseling opportunities as I could. It was my year of learning and experience and it changed me. I met many women who offered perspective and inspiration to do things differently. I realized that most of my growth was not from the trainings themselves, but from having given myself permission to take time out for me. I found things that allowed me to press pause and pour energy back into myself. It had been pouring out for others for so long.
I’ve put together retreats that I wish had been offered when I needed it most. I have tried to provide both a setting and content that will be meaningful, without keeping you so busy you can’t enjoy the break. It is an opportunity for growth and connection, but also designed to give you permission to tune out the world and pour energy back into yourself. All you have to do is show up.
Who is this retreat for?
● If you would like to become more authentic, real, and comfortable with yourself
● If you need to disconnect from your daily hustle and recharge
● If you enjoy creative expression
● If you are ready to take steps toward gaining insight or need to reconnect with yourself
● If you want to press restart and get back in touch with your inner voice
The cost of registration includes:
● lodging for 2 nights
● all breakfasts/ all snacks/ all drinks
● creative processes and all materials
● workbook to record your experience
● discussion groups
● mind body connection through yoga and/ or meditations
● an environment built to keep everyone in a real, authentic, and comfortable space
● optional photographs (so you can leave your phone in your bag and just be present)
View a schedule from a past retreat here:
Upcoming Retreat Dates:
Hiatus Men's Retreat- October 11-13, 2019
Samadhi Yoga Retreat
Hiatus Women's Retreat- November 8-10, 2019
Samadhi Yoga Retreat
1 person $575
Early Bird Registration
Men's Retreat by August 11, 2019
Women's Retreat by September 8, 2019
1 person $439 (Promo Code: EARLYBIRD)
With a friend- $425 (Promo Code: FRIENDS)
Other payment options:
-Venmo @ www.venmo.com/JennMatthewsPopovich
-Zelle transfer to Jennifer Matthews, 512-522-9811
* There are limited slots. If double booking occurs, you will be refunded, or given the option to be wait-listed or put in a future retreat.
* If for some reason you cannot attend, you may submit information about friends you would like to donate your registration to. Registrations cannot be donated without approval. There are no refunds for any reason.
* 15% Discounts are available for veterans, first responders, and educators (documentation required).
Hiatus Retreats & Workshops