What insurance do you take?
I am In Network with:
● Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
● Tricare (requires a referral from your primary physician before first session)
Some insurance companies will allow you to see me as an Out Of Network provider, particularly if all In Network providers in your area are full. Please call your insurance company to verify if you have out of network benefits.
Will my EAP work benefits cover sessions?
I have contracts with several area EAP's and am on the provider list for over a dozen area employers. The best way to find out is to ask your human resources department for a list of approved providers. They will guide you on how to navigate the process, as it is different for each employer. Employers can cover as many as 3-6 sessions per year at no cost to you.
Do you accept cash pay clients or those without insurance?
My out of pocket rate is $135/hr for 50 minute sessions.
I offer sliding scale for students, veterans, first responders, and educators of 15% (documentation required).
Do you provide no cost/ free services?
All clients that see me pay some amount. I have provided no cost services before and always find that people are less invested and do not prioritize therapy. I have found people commit to their appointments and are motivated when they have some personal investment that is tangible.
How do we get started?
● You can call, email or submit a contact form.
● I will inform you if I have openings, or refer you to a colleague. You can find info on colleagues I recommend under the "What We Do" tab at the top of this page.
● Once we determine if we are a good fit, we determine cost or insurance coverage. This is done by you submitting your insurance information at least 48 business hours prior to our first session, or a documented agreement between us for self pay rate.
● We will set up an appointment for our first session.
● You will be emailed a login for my secure online portal, where you will complete all administrative paperwork. You can find that login page here: https://jennmatthewslpc.clientsecure.me/client_portal
All information must be submitted to the portal at least 24hrs before your scheduled appointment, or your appointment can be cancelled.
What are sessions like?
Sessions are a "therapeutic hour", which is 50 minutes. Sessions are very different from person to person, but generally consist of you bringing concerns or issues since last session, or us reviewing progress made. Some clients may be asked to do reflective writing between sessions and that can be processed. All sessions would consist of me asking questions, providing feedback, or in some cases challenging your thinking or offering other alternatives or perspectives.
Outpatient Counseling for Adults
San Marcos, TX